transmission line speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am still looking to build an updated version of the bailey transmission line either 3 way or preferably 4 way using an 18db crossover can anyone out there please help me with this proposed project. In particular i need recommended modern drivers and crossover, if not perhaps i will have to return to the original design and drivers. All assistance would be greatly appreciated.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
On the t-line site under virtual projects is a revisit to the classic Bailey/Radford style line, It is designed for the Word-designs 2-way kit, but if you can score the woofers, then find a good 2-way minimonitor design and actively XO it to woofers. That way most of the heavy lifting is already done. I see no reason for a 4-way with the quality of today's tweeters.

dave

Greetings fellow Brisbanite. Isn't the rain nice. Dams over 30% today. A couple of things: You may be not be aware that there is now an informal speaker building group in Brisbane. I'm not much good navigating around this forum and I haven't attended a meeting as yet but if you put "Brisbane meet" in the search facility I think you'll find a thread with many posts and fellow travellers. BTW where exactly are you? I'm Camp Hill.

If you do stay with the original units I think I have the Melbourne Audio Club upgraded design for the x-over from 30 yrs ago which I think went to 3rd order. You will certainly profit from an offical Kef "ab" mod to the T27 high pass section.
Jonathan Bright

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Jonathan Bright said:
If you do stay with the original units I think I have the Melbourne Audio Club upgraded design for the x-over from 30 yrs ago which I think went to 3rd order. You will certainly profit from an offical Kef "ab" mod to the T27 high pass section.

And Scott & i came up with a "modern" line for the B139, a couple implentations of which are documented on the same virtualTL page i noted above.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.