Alternative EnABL Processes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Neighbour's Subwoofer Gets EnABL !!

Hi All,

I have been telling my next door neighbour that I was going to EnABL his son's subwoofer port for a couple of weeks.

Finally go the chance to do this tonight. :devilr:

The subwoofer is a DIY, so no idea about specs etc.

Parts list:
- Scotch Magic Tape (19mm)
- Duct tape (PVC)
- Cutting knife or blade
- Cutting Mat
- Ruler

Instructions
1. Lay a strip of Scotch Magic tape sticky side down on a cutting mat
2. Lay a strip of duct tape sticky side down also on the cutting mat
3. Using a blade, cut the duct tape into the right size blocks for the port
4. Pick the blocks off the cutting mat using the blade
5. Lay the blocks on top of the Magic tape in the EnABL pattern
6. Peel up the Magic tape with EnABL'd blocks
7. Stick into port and enjoy

Results:
Big, room filling bass - cleaner and tighter
Before EnABL you could easily hear the location of the sub
After EnABL, the sub could not be located by ear

The son thinks I'm a legend :bigeyes: :D

His Dad maybe not so thrilled :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alex

Unfortunately magic tape sticks too well to aluminium foil and double sided tape blocks - pulls them right off the baffle.

Cheers,

Alex

You can do a trick car painters do when masking in order to make effect lacquers.

Just break the adhesive over your trousers a couple of times before appliyng magic tape. You will find it easier to peel it off whatever you apply it to.

+ you get cleaner trousers;)

Peter

Again, perusing this thread has lead me to comment. The way I see it, science is a tool. A darn handy tool at that, but no more. It's main power, as many point out, is its universality to those who speak the language and its consequent acceptance.

One should not be seduced by semantics re. the word "model". The different proponents of the use of this word are in fact referring to different things. The word does not belong to any of the different factions that use it. And one bunch appropriating the word of the other bunch leads no needless confusion.

Scientific models are valid within some very clearly specified boundaries. Empirical models can be just as valid. Take, for instance, the discipline of acupuncture. Years of study has (have?) gone into this and it has been refined to an extent not to be discounted. Its probably more accepted than not. Western science evangelists might as well get used to this. "China is sleeping. When China awakes, the world will tremble."

I think our problem here arises from the fact that the different "camps" I am referring to here (and it's not that clear cut, obviously) are trying to add the power of the other (camp) to their capabilities. Bud wants the power of formalised science (its generality and predictive powers) to bear upon his inventions and the scientists want their methodologies to assimilate or disrupt the power of the numbers of people claiming positive results of the treatment. Since both stand to potentially gain from this interaction, if performed with an open mind, one might as well cease the semantic babble and get on with it. The former is much easier but worth much less in the long run. I, for one, am not much interested in muscle flexing.

Phew! Glad that's off my chest.

Now, could anyone say "phase" please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.