Event 20/20bas - replace old LF Drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy,

My Event Electronics 20/20bas active monitors have seen better days. Since I've owned them I had to replace both LF/bass speakers. One of them blew out again and the other one is sounding a lil' trashy... Unfortunately, I do not have the cold hard cash to purchase replacement speakers and therefore I can't even think about getting a whole new pair. The replacements are about $70.00 plus shipping.

I wanna see if it is possible to buy some 3rd party bass speakers/LF drivers that can cost effectively replace the originals, but still maintain the basic quality of sound.

Any ideas? Below are some of the of tech specs regarding these monitors...

LF Driver: magnetically shielded 8" mineral-filled polypropylene cone with 1-1/2" diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
HF Driver: magnetically shielded 25mm ferrofluid-cooled silk dome
Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20kHz, ˜3dB (-2dB @ 38Hz), Ref. 500Hz
Crossover: 2.6kHz, active fourth order
LF Amplifier Power: 130W continuous per side
HF Amplifier Power: 70W continuous per side
Input: Balanced; gold combination XLR - 1/4"; accepts balanced or unbalanced sources
Input Sensitivity: 1.1V input produces full output with Input Level Control at maximum
LF Trim: Continuously variable control; max boost/cut settings produce ˜3dB @ 100Hz, ˜2dB @ 400Hz
HF Trim: Continuously variable control; max boost/cut settings produces ˜3dB above 2.6kHz
Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, resettable mains circuit breaker
Indicators: Combination Power On/Clip LED
Cabinet: 5/8" vinyl-laminated MDF
Dimensions: 10-1/4" W x 14-3/4" H x 11-3/4" D
Weight: 30lbs each

Thank you kindly...
{c}

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.