Your own Speaker Brand?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Many (most) manufacturers use parts made by other manufacturers. As long as your brand name is not already in use by someone else it is OK. You may even find the same finished product(essentially) rebadged for different manufacturers, although they often try to ensure that theirs is unique in some way

Just a further thought: if these are DIY speakers, there's no problem with giving it a model (not brand) name and naming the drivers. It's done all the time.

If you are contemplating a commercial venture... I don't like the idea of "name-dropping". To me it seems amateurish. Personal opinion. I doubt, though, that there would be a problem in saying that this Brand X speaker is a development/fruition of your old Model Y that used Brand Z drivers(?). But I don't know for sure...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.