Seas Bifrost - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th March 2008, 10:01 PM   #21
peter_m is offline peter_m  Canada
diyAudio Member

SpikyTim,
beautiful work. They integrate really nicely with your living-room from what we see in the picture. How did you accomplish the black finish? Do you ever get cracks in the paint?

Peter
Old 9th March 2008, 07:48 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

The paint job is not as nice on the whole speaker as it looks. It is far from perfect. But I'm going to rectify this in the near future. There are no cracks in the paint but is also the first speaker project that I made.
Painting was done by use of spray paint cans. (I don't know how they are called in english, it is not my mother tongue)
Duplicolor is the brand I used, wich is a lot easier to use than other brands.
Click the image to open in full size.

Regards,

Tim
Old 15th August 2008, 10:01 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to cka3o4nuk
SpikyTim can you discribe the bass of your speakers
because i am afraid it is not quet good

Quote:
The sound from CNO is very clean, relaxing and extremely dynamic. Compared to Proac 2.5 and TJL2 with CNO the music breath. Every instrument has more air around it. Even some old Blue note compilations sound very good. Maybe there is a little more lifted presence, but I never find it disturbed or unpleasant. T29CF001 is one of the best I have ever heard. It reminds me of some magnetostatic tweeters. Clean, relaxed and forget about siblings sssshhh here. It is quite powerful too.Only the bass is quite shy for now...probably it needs few hours of suspension massage more to sound more full. I listen quite loud to some brass / trumpet / Chesky music samples without any harshness or discomfort. The female voices are incredible... For now I can only say with CNO you really did the great 2 way project...
this is report from andrej that constracted http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/CNO.htm
Old 15th August 2008, 03:22 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to cka3o4nuk
and maybe there is a sense to enchance bass bu seting tube to bottom like in Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 16th August 2008, 07:51 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

For me the bass is more than sufficient. First i was thinking to use a subwoofer set up but this is not really necessarry for listening to music. It will also depend on your room acoustics.
I'm enjoying this system a lot. And will soon build a monitor version for a friend with a different tweeter. I will also try to develop a crossover myself.

regards,
Old 16th February 2014, 06:47 PM   #26
juanito is offline juanito  Europe
diyAudio Member

Have you tried the CNOs with a tube amp?
What amp are you using with these loudspeakers?

Hide this!Advertise here!