Thin Metal Rods for Grills

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I searched but to no avail. I would like to know of USA sources for very thin metal rods that could be used to make decorative speaker grills, the kind with just the widely spaced vertical bars. Hopefully in a gold or copper finish, but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks.

My 0.02

I think the appearance of this type of grille would be very sensitive to how parallel and straight you can make the rods, so make sure you pay attention to that. Some companies use stretched strings or threads to accomplish the same effect.

Aengus - Great idea - hadn't thought of that.

Peter M. - great polishing technique - I'll try it with the rods I got at HD. Have you already gotten your stainless steel rods? Where did/will you get them.

R-Carpenter - Thanks! McMaster has a zillion choices.

y8s - Another excellent idea that I hadn't considered - I've been to both types of stores so I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me - I'll pay a visit.

BTW I did find some nice ones at Micro-Mark - a hobby supplier, but I think there are probably better prices out there.

Thanks everybody - this is plenty to go on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.