diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Multi-Way (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/)
-   -   Eminence Alpha 15's in Australia? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/114532-eminence-alpha-15s-australia.html)

Cloth Ears 30th December 2007 10:28 PM

Eminence Alpha 15's in Australia?

I've looked and can find Beta's, Delta's, Kappa's, as well as many others, but no Alpha's in the 15" model.

Has anyone found differently?

Zen Mod 30th December 2007 10:31 PM

ask these dealers to obtain these Alphas for you ; it's probably no big deal - 15" is 15" for delivery .

Cloth Ears 30th December 2007 10:34 PM

I'm running some sims to see if Martins' OB would work as well with 2x12s or 2x10s instead of single 15. Then I won't have to worry.

And I've sent off to ask, but I think they're on holidays for Christmas.

Zen Mod 30th December 2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloth Ears
I'm running some sims to see if Martins' OB would work as well with 2x12s or 2x10s instead of single 15. Then I won't have to worry.

And I've sent off to ask, but I think they're on holidays for Christmas.

you know - it's always better to have option to add second Alpha per side , then stay in nowhere land with two Betas per side .........

all depends of your intended main driver .

?

Cloth Ears 30th December 2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zen Mod

you know - it's always better to have option to add second Alpha per side , then stay in nowhere land with two Betas per side .........

all depends of your intended main driver .

?

Papa,

I've found a place that has Alpha 12's and 10's (and there's a bass rig with 4x10's out there on the 'bay at the moment), so that's what I'm trying to sim with MJK's sheets at the moment (a curse on having to work at the same time!). The FR is a version of the FE103, a Coral with the 'holey' basket. So, by using the same drivers as in Martins' OB article I wouldn't have to do that much actual work on the design (spoken like a truly lazy person - well, it is supposed to get to 42C - or 108F - today).

grantnsw 31st December 2007 06:03 AM

Hi Jont,
You can get them at Music Connection 08 8331 8920,
sales at musicconnection dot com dot au grant

Cloth Ears 1st January 2008 09:45 PM

Thanks, Grant.

Looks like their site is not particularly active. I'll give them a buzz later on.

tjthe1st 1st January 2008 11:01 PM

If you do have any success finding them could you post it here as I am interested in trying that design myself and cant find the 15's either.

TJ

Peter Clements 2nd January 2008 12:03 AM

I have four as new Alpha 15" for sale. I am in New Zealand if you are interested. The postage rates are not too bad to OZ from here.

Cloth Ears 2nd January 2008 01:40 AM

Peter,

YGM