Zaphaudio SR71 confusion. help with crossover!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I'm new to building speakers and recently bought Zaph's SR71 kit on madisound. The diagram confuses me however. I thought only one pair of wires goes to the terminal cup. The other two pairs go to the woofer and tweeter, respectively. Can someone please help me decipher the diagram that was included with the kit? Which wires go to the terminal cup and which go to the woofer/tweeter?

Here is a link to a picture of the diagram that madisound included. If someone could edit it real quick, it'd be extremely helpful!

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/pfiles/10889/-Media Card-BlackBerry-pictures-IMG00165.jpg

Well, as I remember from reading Zaph's write-up the kit uses a terminal cup that has two sets of binding posts joined together with gold plated connectors (for bi-wiring or bi-amping I suppose). So, as the diagram states, the "High Pass Input" should go to one set of those binding posts (it would make sense for it to be the top pair) and the "Low Pass Input" should go to the other set of binding posts (again, probably the bottom pair). The other two outputs go to the designated drivers. H1189 appears to be the 27TDFC tweeter from the diagram, but you can look that up on the Madisound website or probably on the side of the drivers. Since the two pairs of binding posts are connected together inside the terminal cup with the gold plated connectors you can run your speaker cable into either of the binding posts, you do NOT need two seperate cables.

If you wanted, you could simply connect both "input" pairs to the same pair of binding posts and ignore the other set all together with no effect of performance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.