New Members - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th December 2007, 07:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default New Members

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum as I just discovered it. I was searching for some information on Zetag/Kinima speakers when I found an old thread about the Hi G4 drivers. A while ago I bought drivers from the Hi G1 series speakers from someone on the net. I was told that the woofers were especially good. I spoke to Graham and had the x-over parts sent to me with schematics which was a 2 1/2 way design and put them together in cabinets similar to the G-3 series since I used two 6 1/2" and 1 tweeter in each cabinet. The sound from that set up was disapointing at best, almost no high end. I installed a x-over I got from the person I bought the drivers from, which is a two way system with the two 6 1/2s tied together modelled after the Wilson Cubs and changed the tweeters to Focal TD90s. They sound better definitely, but still not what I think they should sound like at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks to anyone for suggestions.
Old 25th December 2007, 02:19 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Zetag Hi G1 Drivers

Sorry, forgot a subject.
Old 26th December 2007, 01:11 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I suggest you post the schematic you're using and the parameters of the drivers, otherwise any response can only be an uninformed guess....
Old 26th December 2007, 08:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well unfortunately I don't have any T/S information on the Hi G1 woofers. That is kind of why I was hoping someone else had used these drivers and was able to get that information. I think at the time I talked to Graham, he said the cabinet size of the G3 would be fine. I also got x-overs from him, I think his son designed them. Anyway the speakers sounded pretty bad, that is why I went with a different x-over. They sound OK now, just not the clairity from the mid woofers I was expecting.

Hide this!Advertise here!