Searching for Leaks (aka !@#$)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just plugged in my new speakers for the first time (They're lovely!) and cranked them with some nice, bass-heavy trance, only to discover that there is an air leak someplace, and it's causing the box members to resonate in a most horrible manner... think of pieces of plywood vibrating against each other with every bass note... UGH IT'S HORRIBLE I HATE IT AND I'M TEMPTED TO TAKE A HAMMER TO THE BOX!! HELP ME!!!

So, um, how would you guys reccomend tracking down the air leak and suppressing it?

How about "remove the largest driver, stick your arm in with a small tube of silicone caulk and add a "fillet" (more caulk) to all the joints you can reach."

SY- Dated a girl while at UTE, she didn't like wet lips either, come to think of it, prolly wouldn't say the work "caulk" either... A "Tri-Delt" as I recall....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.