Driver Selections

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
are you referring to "Speaker building 201"

Well, yes -- 101 was the first edition. I haven't seen 201 -- hopefully all the info from 101 was included in the new edition. You can get the formula for calculating a bass driver's F3 point from Qts, Fs, and Vas somewhere in that book. I think you should start looking at bass driver specs. and decide if you want one large bass driver or several smaller bass drivers in parallel.

I really like crossover 3 pro, even if it does have some limitations. I never bothered with bassbox pro, as I just build sealed boxes. But if you want to look more in depth at the bass options, it would probably be worthwhile.

JJ

I was considering getting both due to the deal, basically you get X-over 3 pro for half price if you purchase both...my one main restraint is will Bassbox model Loudspeakers and not just subs as the name suggests? I was looking at the website and it seems that the box program is pretty decent and will allow multiple drivers into a box, but are you or anyone else reading this aware of the limitations the bassbox pro software has in reguard to modeling speakers that are not subs?

I am considering this software but would like some input before I purchase it. Once I make a decision on that I was going to start modeling different driver combinations to see wht I come up with, and also bounce more complete (hopefully) designs off you guys to see what you think.

JerMu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.