ess amt 1c

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
was wondering if these were worth the time, effort and $ to restore . they need new rubber surround and i need to build new cabs but honstly thay do sound pritty darn good the only reason for new surrounds are there is 1/4 crack on each driver

Attachments

• pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 402
I'll have to agree with Dave, they make a good tweeter donor. However, I'll bet they do sound nice. My first exposure to the heils was a pair of 1Bs I bought from a friend at work for a song. The sound blew me away, but really it's the heils. The rest of that speaker is remarkably un-spectacular.

JohnL said:
I'll have to agree with Dave, they make a good tweeter donor. However, I'll bet they do sound nice. My first exposure to the heils was a pair of 1Bs I bought from a friend at work for a song. The sound blew me away, but really it's the heils. The rest of that speaker is remarkably un-spectacular.

what really impressed me was the punishment they took when i tested them i didn't have any of my receivers here so i ran my QSC RMX2450 power amp into them and they took it :D

planet10 said:
The cabinets were trash from new, the woofers likely need surrounds (if they are the alnico ones possibly worthy... what these are best considred as is a Heil tweeter donor. Mate with 1 or 2 nice midbasses.

dave

bet that would sound good just not into the whole bookshelf and and seperate sub home theater sys. i like the old 2&3 way with 12 to 18 inch woofer's and or verry odd shape cabs i wish the woofers were bigger in these but i like the shape but that's just me

steve jones Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10
The top ones are better.

dave

Any idea what woofer was used?

I SECOND THAT! And what veneer and process went into that gorgeous
finish? I've shorted out 3 keyboards drooling over that finish. Help!
Inquiring minds want to know! (And I'm running out of keyboards.)
Can we safely assume this is a mod or clone of an AMT 1 Tower?
Is there a thread somewhere on the concept/design/build of these things?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.