Inifinity Speaker Replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend brought me an old Infinity Speaker, the drivers need to be replaced and I cannot find the make/model. I went on the website and nothing there resembled what I have. Any help would be most appreciated.
GEDC0173.jpg
[/IMG]

Hello,

Look here if someone has an idea of which model!

If not, keep looking here until you find it!

It looks like they are from the 70s before the EMIT, maybe early 80s.

Forget about replacing the Drivers! You will never find them. Infinity has so many models and they just don't stock or support things from that far back! First, make sure the drivers are original and if so, have them re-edged (re-foamed). Make sure the crossover is working properly and the binding posts and wiring is all done with quality wire and soldering.

Then if the grills need to be redone, finish them and then listen! Hopefully, they will be worth it!

Regards//Keith

KP11520 said:
Hello,

Look here if someone has an idea of which model!

If not, keep looking here until you find it!

It looks like they are from the 70s before the EMIT, maybe early 80s.

Forget about replacing the Drivers! You will never find them. Infinity has so many models and they just don't stock or support things from that far back! First, make sure the drivers are original and if so, have them re-edged (re-foamed). Make sure the crossover is working properly and the binding posts and wiring is all done with quality wire and soldering.

Then if the grills need to be redone, finish them and then listen! Hopefully, they will be worth it!

Regards//Keith

yes you are right it might be hard to locate if at all replacements i don't know how handy you are but if you look in partsexpress.com under speaker repair thay have surround repair kits if you are able it might be cheaper to do it your self to get them up and running check it out if you haven't all ready

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.