Help! Which Vifa's to match some Signets????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all-- I just found this board and I'm psyched cause I'm hoping you guys can suggest a solution to a rookie.

I have just recently acquired a pair of Signet 280ex's to match my pair of 260's to help towards completing a HT/ multichannel music setup. The missing piece to the puzzle is the center channel. And since the Signet's were made in the early 90's and the company is out of business it is VERY dificult to locate a matching center. So I sayz to myself why not make one yourself. Therein lies the question:
It seems I may have two options( plz tell me if I'm off base)
1- Find another pair of old 260's(if I can) and use the 2-6 1/2's and a tweeter for the center's system.
2- Build it from scatch with new parts to as close as possible characteristics to the originals. I beleive Signet used Vifa woofers.

Which way should I go?

Any info/ help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks
Amras:confused: :confused:

Help! Which Vifas to match some Signets????

If I recall correctly, the drivers used in the 280s were Seas, not Vifas. I may still have the Audio magazine in which they were reviewed at home. I remember they mentioned the driver manufacturer. Don't know if they were specially built for the OEM or if they were off the shelf.

On a completely different note, these might be of interest. I am not the seller, don't know him, and Caveat Emptor. But the price is sure right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3008770881&category=14991

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.