looking for jvc ribbon tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have some 12 years old loudspeakers at home. They use JVC HSW 1101-01a ribbon tweeters. One of them is broken so I am looking for replacement. I know that these tweeters were made not only under JVC mark but also under other brands, so maybe anybody can help me to find a company which still sells them for reasonable price, or maybe somebody has it at home and would like to sell it. I appreciate any help, thanks.

I believe the JVC ribbon Your`re searching for is identical to this one which they call "Multicel Ribbon":

http://www.schenk-audio.de/frihu/Multicel_Ribbon_2.jpg

What You said is correct: this ribbon tweeter has been sold under various different brand names
Unfortunately at the moment I can only remember Multicel.
Hope it helps somewhat though.

Ohh, but I remember something else:
a couple of years ago I ordered a replacement diaphragm for those Multicels here:
http://www.openair-speaker.de/
.... but they do not seem to carry them anymore

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
peter.bobrik said:
if anybody knows more, don't hesitate to post.

Hi Peter,

I have two nice JVC ribbon tweeters, HSW1199-01GCS that will be keepers until I find a nice home for them.
Somewhere I also have two spare ribbons, can it be the same? If so I may be convinced to loose one :)

Any pictures to share?

Edit: I missed you wrote that your speakers were "only" 12 years of age. Mine are probably more than 20 years old. I guess that it may be too much age difference :(

4fun
The tweeters can be older than 12 years, the whole loudspeakers are about 12 years old. But your tweeters are definitely older. Here is a picture of it. I took this picture today. Multicel ribbons look the same I think

Attachments

• dsc05939.jpg
    dsc05939.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 280

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Peter,

That tweeter looks a bit different to mine. Yours seem to be smaller, I’m curious if it also regards the diaphragm.

Can you take a pic of the diaphragm alone?
I'll do some digging after the replacement diaphragms and take some pics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.