Telefunken RB46 Speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Zap is offline Zap  United States
diyAudio Member

Cool Telefunken RB46 Speakers

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone on the forums might have some input on this set of Telefunken RB46 speakers that I just picked up. The one bit of information I found said they are made of teak wood and they should be above 90dB efficiency, anyone have any exact specifications?

I hooked them up in place of my cheap Bose bookshelf speakers that I have and WOW do they sound incredible! I have been planning on building a tube amplifier and now I have even more incentive! It just happens that I will have more efficient speakers to use with it, which should work nicely.

Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide!
Old 30th November 2007, 10:22 PM   #2
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Zap
Funny I just picked up Telefunken HiFi-Box 406 2-way closed box in walnut cab with funny slotted wooden grill .At Home I discovered that one of the speakers (which I didn't check at the time of purchase ) had been hacked and some punk put Sony car fulrange in a place of the tweeter. The drivers look like A/D/S Braun speakers (butyl suspension ).Well I hooked good speaker up to Marantz 2275 receiver and it's so so , nothing really special .A little boomy bass and tilted up highs -typically Teutonic sound
Regards, L
Old 26th July 2012, 08:47 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default i have ben looking for a pair of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Hi,

I'm curious if anyone on the forums might have some input on this set of Telefunken RB46 speakers that I just picked up. The one bit of information I found said they are made of teak wood and they should be above 90dB efficiency, anyone have any exact specifications?

I hooked them up in place of my cheap Bose bookshelf speakers that I have and WOW do they sound incredible! I have been planning on building a tube amplifier and now I have even more incentive! It just happens that I will have more efficient speakers to use with it, which should work nicely.

Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide!
Hi i have ben looking for a pair of those speakers to go with my Telefunken Receiver would you sale them to me?

Hide this!Advertise here!