Okay to mount crossover in bottom of cabinet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm modding a pair of floor standing speakers and I'd like to know if it matters that much where I mount the crossovers within the cabinets. It looks easiest to mount them on the bottom of the cabinet instead of the back. Should this make much difference? Thanks.

I was concerned about not putting the x-over opposite of the port or woofers and so I was considering mounting them flat on the bottom or against the lower back, at least 4" below the port.

I never would have thought to mount the x-over on the outside of the speaker; now that's original thinking in my book. And, although I agree I should get the best sound by doing so and the consensus is it shouldn't make that much difference, I think I'll take the easy way out and mount them flat on the bottom of each cabinet.

Thanks to each of you for your thoughful replies. Hope I can return the favor some day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.