Help with 2.1 Speaker / Amp Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the whole DIY scene, having only built a couple small headphone amplifiers and decided to take on a much more ambitious project over the winter, and after reading and lurking here for a few months, I'm close to figuring out what I'd like to do. I'm in the later planning stages of a DIY 2.1 system based around an aleph 30 amp and the Zaph Audio ZMB4's. I was looking at the Dayton RS Series subs, and was considering one of the Dayton Plate amps for it as well.

From what I understand, in order to get better, undistorted sound 80Hz and lower, at anything above 10Watts, I'll need to have an active LR 4th order crossover anywhere from 100-150 hz.

The part of the project that I'm having trouble grasping, or finding more information on, is the active crossover, and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of more information on DIY pre-amps with adjustable active filtering on them. I was looking to implement an active cross-over in the pre-amp, so the signal out would split with one half going to the sub's plate amp and the other going into the Aleph.

I saw the suggestion in another similar 2.1 help thread of the FMODs, but I'm not really 100% sure that's what I want for this, and my question is more based around the active crossover than the rest of the project.

This might not be the best place to post this, but it seems like the most answers regarding active crossovers were in this sub-forum. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.