Bogen amplified horn loudspeaker 15 watt? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th November 2007, 05:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bogen amplified horn loudspeaker 15 watt?

I'm new here, want to say hello.
I have a cassett player (boom box) type from walmart for $12.00, I seen some horn loudspeakers fron Bogen, the type that is cone shape like we use to see in school on the walls. I'm looking at 15 watt loudspeaker to hook up to the cassett player, do you think this loudspeaker will work? thanks terp
Old 28th November 2007, 06:19 PM   #2
MaVo is offline MaVo  Germany
diyAudio Member

if your boombox has an output for an amplified signal like a regular amplifier, you can connect speakers to it. i dont know if that is the case with yours, but i think that wont be a feature of most portable players.

such a horn speaker wont give you bass and treble. those things like in school are just for the mid frequencies, where the speach is located. no high end, no low end.

you will probably have the most fun with some cheap and used PA speakers, since i think you are not after high fidelity. a 2way speaker with a 10inch woofer in a bass reflex cabinet and and a horn tweeter will be loud and fun but not high fidelity at all.

have fun
Old 28th November 2007, 08:04 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I would get a adaptor from radio shack, splice to the loudspeaker wire, than insert to the mic port on cassette player. yea your right I would not have the bass or treible, I can live without that. I just want some more volume to **** the neighbors off. This would be a outside speaker . hey thanks MaVo for your info.
Old 28th November 2007, 08:19 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

also MaVo, I would like to hook speaker to my laptop.
Old 28th November 2007, 09:43 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size. here is speaker I am considering. thanks terp

Hide this!Advertise here!