Bogen amplified horn loudspeaker 15 watt?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new here, want to say hello.
I have a cassett player (boom box) type from walmart for $12.00, I seen some horn loudspeakers fron Bogen, the type that is cone shape like we use to see in school on the walls. I'm looking at 15 watt loudspeaker to hook up to the cassett player, do you think this loudspeaker will work? thanks terp

if your boombox has an output for an amplified signal like a regular amplifier, you can connect speakers to it. i dont know if that is the case with yours, but i think that wont be a feature of most portable players.

such a horn speaker wont give you bass and treble. those things like in school are just for the mid frequencies, where the speach is located. no high end, no low end.

you will probably have the most fun with some cheap and used PA speakers, since i think you are not after high fidelity. a 2way speaker with a 10inch woofer in a bass reflex cabinet and and a horn tweeter will be loud and fun but not high fidelity at all.

have fun :)

I would get a adaptor from radio shack, splice to the loudspeaker wire, than insert to the mic port on cassette player. yea your right I would not have the bass or treible, I can live without that. I just want some more volume to **** the neighbors off. This would be a outside speaker . hey thanks MaVo for your info.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.