Breaking in speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a problem. I just spent a lot of time building Hammer Dynamics speakers and now I need to break them in for 200 hours at high volume. The problem is that I live in a condo and the person below me is there all day long. I tried wiring them out of phase and placing them face to face with a blanket over them. It doesent really help much. I called some storage locations but they dont want the noise either. I dont know anyone with an unoccupied house that I can use either. What are my options? How do you guys break in speakers?

Thanks.

indeed

it shouldn't have to be crazy volume levels. you don't want to damage them!!!

even so, if you have thin walls, or want to leave it running overnight then the phase trick works nicely. the key is that you need a MONO source, so that both speakers are playing exactly the same thing (but out of phase) it worked very well for me - but set the volume before you do this because otherwise you won't be able to judge how loud its playing and you may damage them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.