Besides Behringer what active crossover to look for - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th November 2007, 12:17 AM   #1
fazman is offline fazman  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Besides Behringer what active crossover to look for

I know there are a lot of people that rave about the new Behringer crossover. With lots of options it's a pretty powerful tool I'm sure. But are there analog active crossovers particularly in the pro realm of things that are considered very good in sound quality?
If I were to look for maybe a used crossover what brands should I look for to get the best options and sound quality?

Thanks guys
Old 18th November 2007, 12:38 AM   #2
AJ is offline AJ  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi fazman

Take this for what it's worth because I've never used anything else, but I've been really happy with my Ashly XR2001. My first and lasting impression, and what I like about it the most is that it's extremely quiet - I can't tell that it's in the sytem in spite of what I'd heard about pro analogue crossovers. I like it alot.

That doesn't mean you should go out and buy one of course; YMMV and all that.
Old 18th November 2007, 12:55 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Try http://www.marchandelec.com/
Old 18th November 2007, 12:57 AM   #4
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Besides Behringer what active crossover to look for

Quote:
Originally posted by fazman
I know there are a lot of people that rave about the new Behringer crossover. With lots of options it's a pretty powerful tool I'm sure. But are there analog active crossovers particularly in the pro realm of things that are considered very good in sound quality?
If I were to look for maybe a used crossover what brands should I look for to get the best options and sound quality?

Thanks guys

depends on how much you want to spend,

1. I have a 2nd hand analog Behringer 3 ways, you can buy 2 or 3 ways on Ebay at very good price, $50-$150 each, sometimes cheaper. I am happy with them.

2. If you want to spend more, I heard, analog Rane, DBx, Marchand are all very good. no hands on experience with them though.

3. If you want to spend a little more new Behringer, DCX2496 digital x-over was sold for $216 plus postage, on Ebay, just bought one. 2nd hand ones are quickly snapped up.

I will then to go for digital one.

good luck.
Old 18th November 2007, 03:24 AM   #5
gofar99 is offline gofar99  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Everyone, I see someone else has already posted the link to Marchand. I do a fair amount of diy and if that appeals to you Marchand has a lot of good stuff. I like their products. Well designed and using good parts. Just my 2 cents.

Hide this!Advertise here!