looking for 3-way speaker designs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since I don't manage to make time to design one myself I'm looking for some interesting compact 3-way designs.
I was thinking about an 8" bass and preferably a magnetostat tweeter.
Max outside dimensions are 25cm (~10") wide (could be increased to 30cm, but I'd rather like it to keep it at around 25cm), 115cm (~45") high and 40cm (~15 3/4")deep.

Budget? Don't know yet. I'm just orientating. :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Taco said:
What is the budget? Some nice combo's

Audiotechnology 23I
Audiotechnology 15H
RaalRibbon 70-10

Scanspeak 22W
Scanspeak 15M
Scanspeak 7000

Seas CA22RNX
Seas ER15RLY
BG NEO3

Picking some nice drivers for a 3-way isn't that hard. I can do that myself.
I could even do the design myself ...if I had the time....
:(

Budget...see first post. ;)

FullThrottleRic said:
Here you go :)

It uses a 6.5" woofer but it fits your dimensions nicely and has an interesting curved sided enclosure ;)

Looks great, and I know everybody is raving about SS revelators .... but I've never been really impressed by them. Not bad, not at all... but for what they cost they don't do it for me... I like Seas Excel more.
Maybe I've listened to wrong designs, so I'll keep them in mind anyway.
:)

tinitus said:
Search fore ... "Hightower" ... "Goldrausch" ... "Duetta" ... "EOS Plus" ... or the peculiar "EOS" ... and sevaral more like the "AMT1 PHL" ... "CENTO" ... "E-Motion II" .... and more :) mind you, I know nothing about these kits

http://www.lautsprechershop.de/deutsch/index_hifi.htm

I've browsed that site several times. There's some ome interesting stuff on there.

I'l do a search on the designs you mention.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.