Amp for active loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to make some active speakers to use as basically near-field monitors (for my computer). I've been searching for plate amplifiers that can fit in the speakers themselves, but to no avail. The only thing I see is subwoofer amps. Anybody know where these can be found?

While there are some interesting sub/sat monitor amp combinations or even full range plate amps available, most are physically larger than anything qualifying as "mini-monitor" could accommodate.

For example, the Solen AV series that Bob referenced above would require a minimum enclosure back panel size of 5 1/2" x 9", plus additional depth of cabinet to allow clearance for power supply components. (approx 3 1/2" IIRC)

In addition, most are more power than you'd probably need for a computer monitor speaker. This sounds to me like the perfect candidate for something like:

http://www.audiomagus.com/component...roduct_id,23/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,27/

or any basic T-amp

If you really need to "self-power" your speakers, you could always just build one of these little guys, or something like the 41HZ series of kits into (one of) the enclosures.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.