Kenwood .VS. Pioneer 6x9s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, i'd jus like to know which perform better, Kenwood 6x9s or Pioneer 6x9s in terms of bass reponse. Which would have a better, louder, cleaner bass output. Also which is the most durable when handling bass. ;) Welcome any suggestion of 6x9 of any of these brands, as these two are the only that I can easily get.

Hmmm..... reminds me of my early forays into car audio about 15 years ago...... Bear in mind that the 6 x 9 is not the ultimate in sound reproduction in a vehicle. Limited to the choices given by you, I would choose a loudspeaker with a RUBBER surround (for the woofer) and proper power handling capabilities, provided the speakers are ORIGINAL. Lots of fakes around. Why not use a component set augmented by a subwoofer? It costs more (you'll need additional amplification too) but sounds much better.

Radik,
I'm sure kenwood and Pioneer website's will give some information to answer your questions.
And as long as they give accurate info...

First of all, both Kenwood and Pioneer have different models of 6x9's, everything depends on how much you are willing to spend.

lets see for the mid priced ones, around 150-200$

And dont forget the bass depends on how well your car is isolated and how big is it.

Kenwood KFC-6909:
Sens: 93dB
Frequency response: 28hz - 30khz :bigeyes:
Power Handling: 250 Watts :scratch:
(thats max peak for sure.. should be around 45 watts, this would mean around 45watts nominal)

Pioneer TS-A6965:
sens: 93dB
Frequency response: 28hz - 26khz :bigeyes:
Power Handling: 200 Watts Max. Power (40 Watts Nominal)

Ugh...well if (...) those specs are accurate, they both have same sensibility, and same frequency response but, Kenwood has a bigger power handling.

So I'd guess the rest relies on how well your car is acousticly isolated and size..

Well i was thinkin of that kenwood KFC-6909 as the specs make it look real sweet. But i might as well say what setup i'll be running. I'll have a 10" in the trunk, running off a Fosgate 150AS. The thing is the space i'll have is pretty limited, havin me to have an enclosure size of about 0.9^3 ft so. SO for an added Bass i thought of running a Pair of 6x9s full range. Oh yea my 10" sub choices are also limited to that of either Pioneer or Fosgate, as these are the brands they carry.

A 0.9cu.ft closed box for a 10" that was specialy made for cars should be enough. I've seen some 10" subs that had such a low vas, that 0.5cu.ft was enough.

Once again, I'm sure both websites, pioneer and fosgate will give some info on will fit your requirements.

And they even tell you what box size you should use.

I've seen people remove the emergency tire in their trunks to put a sub in there, but I'd assume they have those hardened tires that can be used even in case of a problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.