Cute Lil' TL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D :D :D I made a speaker box, WooHoo :D :D :D

No idea on the speaker (a 10" from some console), so consulting you guys wouldn't have much effect, so I hear (though I did once try measuring free-air resonance, something like 40Hz). So I went about it arbitrarily, myself.

I took a 12" square of 3/4" particle board and cut a 9" hole for the speaker, front piece. 12x15" back panel, same board. The rest is 3/4" plywood: two sides 13.5x15", top and bottom 13.5" squared.
The TL part is formed by the front falling 3" from the top; a baffle extends into the box, perpendicular to the front, to form some 'line'. I slapped on a 2x4, perpendicular to the baffle, and attached to its end, to bend around the line a bit more and add overall stiffness.

So far it sounds good, but ARGH, I need more power!! Neither a 6L6GC SE nor 7x12AU7 PPP are adequate.

I can make a scale drawing in Paint, however any photos will be months off due to Dad being very lazy in developing the film..

Tim (I'm a Big Boy, I can use a table saw :p )

Actually, I have a transistor amp pulled from a console...stereo...come to think of it it may even be the amp that originally powered this speaker...lol.
I need to mod it up, put a volume control on it (very sensitive) and put it in some sort of box.
(Not to mention replace the 470uF output coupling caps!)

If it's not long enough, maybe that's why it seems to peak a little around 100-200Hz (SWAG). Maybe extend past the 2x4 to a few inches from the bottom?

Tim

Updated diagram attached.

Tim

Attachments

• cutetlgif.gif
    cutetlgif.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 285
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.