New Seas website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mashaffer said:
...So here is a suggestion either group the drivers according to application (i.e. sealed, ported, OB) ....

or to have both and customers can switch if they want product lines or aplliaction groups.
for example like this shop devides looking at products by manufacturer or by cathegory.

Attachments

• shop.png
    shop.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 500
A question for Bjorn.

Seas magnesium drivers are very popular on OEM market too and each year we see new commercial loudspeaker company using these drivers.

My question is...will we see in near future also some Nextel midbass or tweeters in any commercial loudspeaker?

I have seen some using Crescendo tweeter, but no one that using midbass Nextel unit yet? :)

mashaffer said:
...So here is a suggestion either group the drivers according to application (i.e. sealed, ported, OB) or better yet have a chart on the main product page showing the basic parameters of each driver (Vas, Qts, fs, sensitivity, size). That way the potential customer can see at a glance which drivers are worth looking at in more detail.

Thanks for listening.

mike

I agree.
And ironically, that's how the Seas website used to be !

The new site is a huge step backwards. Now you are just presented with a list of meaningless part numbers, rather than being able to immediately compare parameters between drivers. Unless you know exactly what driver you are looking for, the site has become almost useless !

Hyldal,
The difference in stiffness may account for some of the difference in the low frequency performance, but I'm not sure that softer always is better than a stiffer suspension.

Sreten,
Maybe I misunderstood you? I changed the map positioning, so that you did not have to scroll to see all of Europe.

Christoph,
The asymmetry in the impedance comes from a combination of two resonances, and the applied damping. This tweeter has a rather large rear chamber, to get the fundamental resonance as low as possible. The second resonance is caused by the hole in the pole piece. You can compare with the H1147, which has comparable moving parts, same magnetsystem, but a smaller rear chamber.

supernet,
I know Pass Labs showed a new model at the CES show.
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/ces2007/tuesday/
at the bottom of the page.

Marek,
Have some patience with us. Prestige drivers will also be measured.

mike and cs,
I understand what you're saying. I'll try to get in some kind of driver comparison chart.
We spent so much effort on improving the product pages, but I can see that we also need to present a better overview.

Bjorn

@Bjorn,

despite the usual (and necessarily) pros and cons about the web-site, products, marketing strategy and so on discussed here, I think the major improvement is your company seek for feedback from the DIY-ers and end-users. I think this could be a very profitable relations for both parts. From this point of view, keep up the good work!

edit: can't wait to see the new line. Any plans on a whizzerless widerange?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I guess that SunRa is a smart guy! ;)

First , to commend Bjorn for this outreach to the DIY community. I agree that it will be beneficial to both sides. It's amazing how many commercial guys hang out here, so there's yet another side..

Second, I agree that a whizzerless widerange is a good idea. Quite possibly based on the model that you showed us in the photo with the whizzer. Open baffles and horns are very popular around here, as you have probably noticed. As far as cost- if it is good enough - people will pay more..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.