Sharon - Digitally Corrected Pluto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have tried this software some time ago in combination with the foobar convolver plugin. It's not easy to setup and make good measurements but if you manage to do this right it's certainly worth the trouble. It works in some kind of the same way as my DEQX unit at about 1/1000 of the cost, that should sound interesting to the diy out here. But then again, nothing comes for free, you will have to do all the hard work yourself and start learning and expermenting with it for quite a long time before you get it right.

I have used it for a friends system. we made a totally foobar based system where the crossover and room correction was done in the foobar player, worked out very well, only drawback offcoarse is that it only works when using foobar, no other sources allowed anymore, but we didn't care about that.

Yes, the user interface is not user friendly. I built some Excel and Matlab scripts that automate the process somewhat. But, when you get finished, you will know quite a lot about DSP.

There is also a convolver for Windows Media Player, so that opens up some new sources.

Daveis,

DRC would correct for the change in frequency response caused by the changing speaker impedance, so a zobel would not be required on a speaker that was fed only digitally corrected audio. But such a speaker would have poorer frequency response on a non-digitally corrected audio stream.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.