Fast, fun, Inexpensive OB project

PE GRS PF 15-8

Hello all...

The GRS PF-8 is difficult, if not impossible to substitute. Its unique combination of high QTS, surprisingly peak free rising response and general sound quality come together to work well in 2 way OB designs. Add in the low cost, light weight, consistency and reasonable build quality and there just isn't much if anything out there like it. It is a shame that it is difficult to obtain in many places outside the U.S. I will keep looking for other potentials and report back if I find anything interesting. John

Qts of post867 looks to be very high @ 0.74.
Would that make it very suitable for OB?
... In Europe the budget-choice for OB would be A&D R1524 from: A&D Audio Datenblatt costing 65 EUR today from HIGH-TECH-HIFI. I have compared A&D R1524 to Eminence Alpha15 and Acoustic Elegance IB15 which I have all three and the Alpha15 is by far the worst performer of them. The A&D R1524 was used in my: 'Volks-OB' without EQ and went down to about 40 Hz level.

Played side by side it is striking how similar AE IB15 and A&D R1524 sound giving a tight, clean bass of exellent quality.

/Erling

Marantz & Metal

Marantz 75 wpc receiver. For most listeners, in most domestic environments the Marantz should do just fine.

As for heavy metal music, with 100 clean wpc available, a pair of Manzanita's will deliver about 100 db of peak output from about 40 hz up. Or put another way, about 93-96 db continuous out put at a typical listening distance in a typical residential setting. Suspect that is not enough if you like it really loud!

Hope the above is of some help. John

Ultra

My speakers are slowly coming. Hope to put them together in the coming weekend.

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,637