Lower midrange for ATC SM75-150S - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2007, 11:29 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Default A passive version

I bought a used Proac Studio Tower a while back - which uses the ATC mid (16ohm - non-s version), the SB75-234 LC version and a SS tweeter.

It sounded pretty good, but my plan was to clone the ATC 50 (passive version).

I bought the Seas tweeter ATC use (T25-003) and re-constructed a heavy front baffle with the driver orientated as ATC had them (offset mid/tweeter to the bass driver).

Anyway, I did not mess around with the xover between the bass and mid (kept the original Proac design) but obviously had to modify for the new tweeter.

I am still in process... but it sounds great! The bass setup is a bit odd as the Proac design is based on a EBS design - which tends to be a natural sounding, but a little light weight.

For interest sake (I am always interested in designers who use ATC) a local company here in Ottawa has released a speaker using the ATC mid and a Mundorf tweeter!

http://www.tetraspeakers.com/pages/606.html

Thet say they cross it over at 1K!?!? Insane! (or it's a typo). And yes - they are using the S version.
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:12 AM   #42
diyAudio Member

Default Re: A passive version

Quote:
Originally posted by TwangBar
Thet say they cross it over at 1K!?!? Insane! (or it's a typo). And yes - they are using the S version.
They say 1Khz and 3.5Khz are the crossing points. Not what I'd do with the ATC but is fine all the same.
Old 30th April 2008, 11:46 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

I haven't heard the atc yet but some tell me it's dynamic fast loud but is it musicaly rich?
does it tend to be lean because of the dynamics?

i was suggested the atc and the raal tweeter by solen,with the eton 11"x2, does anybody know what kind of xover slopes i will need?
Old 30th April 2008, 11:56 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by newfinish
I haven't heard the atc yet but some tell me it's dynamic fast loud but is it musicaly rich?
does it tend to be lean because of the dynamics?

i was suggested the atc and the raal tweeter by solen,with the eton 11"x2, does anybody know what kind of xover slopes i will need?
Musically rich? What's that?

The ATC mid plays what's on the recording, it doesn't suffer junk recordings. So its only musically rich when the source material is.

3-3.5Khz 4th order would work OK with the little RAAL 70-10 and 500hz highpass is the best place to start for lowest distortion on the ATC.
Old 1st May 2008, 12:22 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

lol
I'm not so good in describing music.

i know what you mean if the recording is good,and what i mean when the recording is good sometimes i heard speakers sound thin not rich like the good recording was on other speakers. i hesitate on the mid AT 5" or 6"or the ATC for that richness...but saw that your preferance was the atc like a lot of others here in the forum...

Hide this!Advertise here!