Open Baffles at RMAF-07

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Panomaniac.....Peerless treats me pretty well in 4 cubic ft sealed enclosure.....Nice deep tight bass in the lower registers with good detail too.........I have a rising frequency response starting at 1800 Hz, which is where the Peerless breakup begins...........My friends on this forum indicate this breakup may be contributing to the problem, along with the midrange rise..........I will deal with the midrange with a p-trap, but my friends also strongly recommend that I deal with the woofer breakup as well..........Omni

Emerald Physics

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Lyngdorf

Let me know if you guys want to see any of the other rooms, I've got pictures of every single room at the show.

Great pictures , thanks.

"......................if you guys want to see any of the other rooms, I've got pictures of every single room ....................."

Yes of course. You need'nt have to ask . A picture is always worth more than a 1000 words !

We'd all be grateful. However would it be better to put up the pictures on some picture hosting web site like photo bucket etc ?
Might take up too much space on the DIYaudio server.

Thanks.
Ashok.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks Luke for all the great photos, what a wondeful reference!

Sure wish i had been able to hear and visit more rooms.

I think the Emerald Physics baffles should be included here. They certainly get raves on other forums. As I understand it, they use win Eminence Alpha 15s for the bass section, right? Does anyone know what the compression driver is?

The DSP would be hard to imitate, but a DSC2496 might do a good job. Even a well designed passive crossover could run a rig like this.

I'll try to get some specs together on these rigs, anyone else please feel free to chime in.

Should have full details on the Manzanita baffles by Monday. They will be at the Sacramento DIY meet this weekend, for those of you in central California.

I'm not sure what compression drivers the CS2's use. I looked and didn't see any sort of distinguishable branding on them. They look very similar to the B&C horn drivers though, except without the fins.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=294-608

Here is a closer picture of the compression driver...

They were some of my personal favorites at the show, I was very impressed by them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.