anybody experienced wavecor drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can get those Wavecor drivers down here, and at a reasonable price. :)

I have ideas of doing something using the 5" ferrite drivers soonish.
Not sure if their tweeters actually match their mids very well though (they only have the 30mm ones listed here). I would like to see a smaller diam tweeter with better off axis higher up.

They certainly do look interesting, though. :cool:

Hi,

I have designed a small closed and ported sub (passive radiator) with the Wavecor SW263WA03-01 ten inch 4 Ohm alu subwoofer.

*Very nice, no driver noise, low rms, very practical TSP and very good build quality.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The passive radiator design. 31.5 Liters -3dB@24 Hz. The closed box is 22 liters -3dB@40 Hz.

Their mini 17 cm alu subwoofer got a great review in the last hobby hifi (German Diy audio magazine).

Kind regards
Roland Breteler
Caps&Coils

*Do notice i am Wavecor dealer.

Thanks for the compliment about my design.

It's powered with a 250 Watt class D plate amp, the passive is on the opposite side to te woofer in the cabinet.

Th wavecor's are free from the typical subwoofer sound. The sound that says "i hear a subwoofer somewhere". Probably due to the low rms and the low self noise. The woofer does not need tons of power to get moved.

Regards
Roland

PS I maybe a dealer that's a bit over enthousiastic. But if i am wrong about these drivers, i will look like a fool. :)

Will this woofer go as high as 300Hz or even 500Hz?
I'm looking to experiment with a wall sub/woofer much like the new lyngdorf BW1 unit.

This unit looks like it would play well in a small closed box.

I have failed to find a frequency responce chart for the wavecor unit.

roland bios said:

PS I maybe a dealer that's a bit over enthousiastic. But if i am wrong about these drivers, i will look like a fool. :)

roland bios said:
From the FreQuence site:

The note comes with the frequency plot. So why should the other 4 sub woofers do better above 200 Hz?

Regards Roland

The problem is always lack of data from a technical point of view.

The comment with the note was aimed at post #13. There are 4 other subwoofers tested on the frequence site. All plots are cut of at 70 Hz. So you can not tell which one performs better above 70 Hz or even 200 Hz.

Just preventing miscommunication.

I agree: frequency, thd and waterfall (csd) plots are needed badly with the wavecors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.