Tweet, tweet!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

For my paper tiger, I'm having some difficulty picking between the Seas T25CF001, 27TDFC, and Peerless 810921. All appear to be fine, low distortion tweeters.

When might you pick the T25CF001 over the others? How about the 810921?

My paper tiger is an MTM with 5" mid-bass drivers. I will need a low-ish crossover frequency.

Thanks for your insights!

I was basically in the same situation when I looked for a tweeter for my Usher 8945P 2-way design. I needed one that has the lowest possible distortions down to 1 kHz because I wanted to cross it at 1.5 kHz. Also looked for one under $100.

My choice was the Peerless 810921. But I would've chosen one of the following and be happy with the result:

- Dayton RS28A-4 (Zaph's tested sample was from the problematic initial production batch; since then the problem was corrected)
- Seas 27TBFC/G
- Seas 27TDFC

I'd not look at the T25CF001. It's an old design and has been discontinued (maybe some are left at Madisound). Zaph tested it and found that distortion performance was not as good as the Seas Prestige below 2 kHz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.