do you think it will work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a set of fisher home stereo speakers but one of them has a blown woofer in it so my idea was to change the woofers out with 15" celestion speakers that i have. the celestions originaly came from a marshall bass cabinet. i was wondering if anybody would know if i can actually run this type of speaker with a home stereo amp without hurting the speakers
thanks

Not to even mention xover points (if there even are any, as previously mentioned), freq response or anything else, I'm guessing those Celestions might be a bit more sensitive than the fisher woofers, and it's very possible that they could also be very high QTS drivers..which could lead to some very nasty low end, especially if those fisher cabinets are vented. However, I guess it's also needless to say that the original "design" probably wasn't so great either. If they're blown and the Celestions fit, sure why not, see what happens. And unless it somehow actually turns out souding somewhat decent and you get crazy with the volume, don't worry about blowing the Celestions, they should be fine. If you did manage to blow them, I'd say it was probably most likely due to improper tuning of the cabinet, especially if it's a vented enclosure. Have fun..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.