Stereolith Loudspeakers Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hm, it took me only 4.5 years to start experimenting with HiFi and listening to music at home (in the past few years it was almost exclusively in my car only going to work and back).

Back to back, side firing is way to go at least in my room. I will post the results from my little experiments.

Account disabled at users request
Joined 2020
Hm, it took me only 4.5 years to start experimenting with HiFi and listening to music at home (in the past few years it was almost exclusively in my car only going to work and back).

Back to back, side firing is way to go at least in my room. I will post the results from my little experiments.

Have you done any more experiments with this?

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Yes, a little. Back to back tower speakers in a corner of my small room create "an envelope of sound" type effect - I had the speakers like that for some weeks but then I discovered MDD technology by claudiogan. I have a build thread with the Al square tubing version on this forum. The effect is quite special and I encourage everyone to try. For small rooms and low volume, it is IMHO the best way to listen to background music. It is not a full horn stack with killer dynamics (like the one in my basement room), but it also occupies only very little floor space and my wife likes the towers I made - she has never said that about any speakers I built:)

Account disabled at users request
Joined 2020
Yes, a little. Back to back tower speakers in a corner of my small room create "an envelope of sound" type effect - I had the speakers like that for some weeks but then I discovered MDD technology by claudiogan. I have a build thread with the Al square tubing version on this forum. The effect is quite special and I encourage everyone to try. For small rooms and low volume, it is IMHO the best way to listen to background music. It is not a full horn stack with killer dynamics (like the one in my basement room), but it also occupies only very little floor space and my wife likes the towers I made - she has never said that about any speakers I built:)

Yes, I know that you got carried away with those MDD towers. Good that your wife likes them. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.