Quick nooby questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

1. Can anyone confirm/deny that Unibox models an anechoic response?

2. Is it correct to assume that Unibox ignores baffle step correction?

3. With respect to baffle step correction, I've heard refence to 2pi and 4pi radiation patterns. Last I checked 2pi radians = 360 degrees, which is a full circle. What do 2pi and 4pi refer to? My guess would be volume, but in what way I do not know.

Thanks!

weinstro said:
Hi All,

1. Can anyone confirm/deny that Unibox models an anechoic response?

2. Is it correct to assume that Unibox ignores baffle step correction?

3. With respect to baffle step correction, I've heard refence to 2pi and 4pi radiation patterns. Last I checked 2pi radians = 360 degrees, which is a full circle. What do 2pi and 4pi refer to? My guess would be volume, but in what way I do not know.

Thanks!

Now I'm no expert on Unibox, but I think it models anechoic response and that there is no baffle step. I might be wrong.

The 2 pi and 4 pi are angular space (is that the proper english word?). It corresponds to the area of the part of the sphere at a unit distance. Full space corresponds to a the area of a sphere with the radius 1, ie 4 pi. A half sphere has the area 2 pi, etc.

Re: Re: Quick nooby questions

Now I'm no expert on Unibox, but I think it models anechoic response and that there is no baffle step. I might be wrong.

Me, too. :)

The 2 pi and 4 pi are angular space (is that the proper english word?). It corresponds to the area of the part of the sphere at a unit distance. Full space corresponds to a the area of a sphere with the radius 1, ie 4 pi. A half sphere has the area 2 pi, etc.

Does area = surface area, in this context?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.