JKrutke and Acoustic Research

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From John's BLOG:

"September 25, 2007

The next insignia?
There are discounted pairs of these Acoustic Research speakers showing up cheap all over the internet. $69/pair at J&R Music world is the lowest I've seen them, though MCM has them for $100/pair. They look kinda nice, but that's just looks. I have to wonder how they perform, and if they would benefit from a crossover redesign. The woofer looks like aluminum and the tweeter looks like it could be waveguide loaded. If anyone picks up a pair of these, I'd be happy to measure them for you.

Update: I've got a pair of these on the way for testing. I'll let you all know the results."

Ran into those awhile ago and thought they might have been the A/R of old. Audiovox bought them years ago and now just misuses the name.

I extensively modified my Insignias and am very happy with those. These I just refinished and gave away so I don't know what potential they had.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92939

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.