Studio 200 tweeter replacement - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th October 2007, 05:04 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately for me, I remember ProAc distributor's quote 3 ~ 5 years ago for the tweeter was at least 3 times as expensive as Madisound's price on equivalent Seas Prestige tweeter now. Considering the drop of USD value, I am afraid it would be now at least 5 times as expensive as the generic one. I never got back to the distributor after I saw that outrageous quote.
I have a very powerful DSP equalizer and I believe it can correct the tweeter response deviation from its orginally intended one.
Old 29th October 2007, 05:08 PM   #12
KP11520 is offline KP11520  United States
diyAudio Member

Madisound also supplies the rebuild kit and can rebuild them for you at a reasonable price too!

That would probably get you closest to what you had at a reasonable cost. If you do both, you will be done with this issue for a while and you might even like it better!

Regards//Keith
Old 29th October 2007, 05:27 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Keith,

Thank you for your suggestion. Does the rebuild kit mean something like what Madisound call 'replacement voice coil'?
Old 29th October 2007, 08:38 PM   #14
KP11520 is offline KP11520  United States
diyAudio Member

I went to their site to check and I see what I remembered. They sell and repair many of the ScanSpeak products (that's what are in my Studio I MK IIs) but I don't see anything about the rebuilding for Seas! I remember a few months back a guy said his kids pushed in the dust caps on his Studio 125s I think his were also ScanSpeaks and he rebuilt them himself. I don't know much about Seas but I would call Madisound, they were very helpful with my options! Sorry I mixed this up on you, it would be a nice option! But maybe they do so call them!

Good Luck!

Regards//Keith
Old 24th February 2009, 03:37 AM   #15
stu.dio is offline stu.dio  Greece
diyAudio Member

a little late (by a few years) - but I have replaced mine with scanspeak 9500 - lovely result - highly recommended.

Hide this!Advertise here!