Speakers from Dell plasma display

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dell plasma speakers

I found a broken Dell Plasma screen on the street the other day & scavanged from it its speakers & power supply. It was stereo, there are 4 little speakers in each plastic housing but one is larger than the other because it apparently contains a 15 watt chip amp. The power supply is LiteON. However, I am not able to power this up, probably because I can't find the on switch for the supply (there are quite a few pins out).
Anyway, they contain an oval woofer about 2x3 in., two identical mids that look like a 1 in HiVi, and a seperate tweeter. I need to find a suitable star bit to open these. I'm sure I'll find a use for them.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
planet10 said:
Is that better guys?

dave :cop:

Dave, You Rock! hehe :D

Marvin, perhaps you can power the thing up with just a small bench supply if you can get your hands on one. Presumably the lite on supply powers more than just the stereo hardware? Is it a line operated switcher? If so you should proceed very cautiously as tinkering with it could be hazardous.. (High voltage)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.