Calling Andy Graddon off thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Hi Andy, I have aquired a pair of the Jaycr 10 inch carbon fibre bass drivers and as you have recomended them in past threads, I was wondering if you still had the nominal T/S parametres on file??
Pity about Jaycars customer service, I tried to get an Email response ( sorry I could not resist!!) but no luck.
I have the early model either 4 or 8 ohms, still no test gear and I am not paying $45 Aud to have the local speaker repair shop put them on "Woofer Tester"
Thanx Ted

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Thanx Andy, we should all keep a collection of back-catalogues
impressive graph, but mine may be the model before those even
Mine are labelled RW 10 and have that daggy "irresponsible " logo.
8 or 4 R impedance ( 6.5 or 3.5 R)but it is interesting that when I parallel the inputs I still get 3.5 R DC
But it does look like that is the same driver, small sealed box coming up

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
If any Aussies reciognise these and have the T/S specs please let me know

Attachments

• img_0602.jpg
    img_0602.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 168
Hi Moondog, years ago I bought one of their 8" carbon fibre woofers, the cat. said QMS of 3.something, once I got around to measuring it the actual QMS was ~7... definitely a typo in the catalogue. It's still a great driver, just needs a much larger box than I was expecting:)

Hi Moondog, years ago I bought one of their 8" carbon fibre woofers, the cat.
said QMS of 3.something, once I got around to measuring it the actual QMS
was ~7... definitely a typo in the catalogue. It's still a great driver, just needs
a much larger box than I was expecting:)

Hi,

Qes is the major factor in determining Qts which determines box size.
Such a variation of Qms does not imply a much larger box size, a little.

rgds, sreten.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Qms does determine in many cases tho the ability to use a first order bass boost capacitor bank and a lot of these cheap Jaycar woofers do work well with that closed box method.
These tho really need a large ported box, Andys experience says around 75 to 90 litres per driver.
Bass with this woofer is truly palpable and I really should do something major with it, I will as soon as I can afford a big midrange driver say a Vifa P17 or Peerless 830657 or similar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.