Introducing: "Sauron"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Andy Graddon said:

Thanks,

The question is.. what next ! :scratch:

Andy - why don't you start a new thread soliciting ideas? I'm sure there are a lot of ideas people have been kicking around out there for non-conventional enclosures, etc. but they may not have the time or resources to make them a reality.

You could pick a "winner" from all the submissions and then build it, or heck build as many as you like. Keep you busy for awhile.

Andy Graddon said:

Thanks,

The question is.. what next ! :scratch:
Have a 70's party, hand out some 'brownies' and laugh as people feel the 'eye' is following them around the room.
sdclc126 said:

Andy - why don't you start a new thread soliciting ideas? I'm sure there are a lot of ideas people have been kicking around out there for non-conventional enclosures, etc. but they may not have the time or resources to make them a reality.

You could pick a "winner" from all the submissions and then build it, or heck build as many as you like. Keep you busy for awhile.
Good idea.

I'm always browsing threads looking for ideas. It is actually quite difficult to keep doing "different". I just have to wait until an idea jumps into the void between my ears.

Its not like building rectangular boxes, y'know ! ;)

I know there is a full OB idea I'm toying with, no idea how to do it differently yet !

And maybe a small omni to use up a couple of drivers I have on the shelf. Got to get up to speed on the wood lathe first though.

But the next project will actually be "normal" because its for a client. :rolleyes:

BudP said:
Andy,

If diffraction does become an issue, I can make a custom EnABL ring for you to use, with clear flat acrylic paint and a calligraphy pen to apply the pattern blocks with. The problem, if you have one, will go away.

Bud

Would that be "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,..."?

Nice idea there Andy. I made a similar set-up once (but it was only mounted on plastic pipes (like el-Pipo), but the tweeter was mounted using 3 elastic bands in a triangular set-up. Made it look it was floating. I would have loved to have had those lovely curved tweeter pods for that effect...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.