scan-speak reference-plus opinions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Everyone should be aware of the ARG 2 ribbon used in the GR Research Criterion. The story i have heard is that this is a further development from the same designer of the Ravens. It sounded good in the Criterion, and anecdotal comments are that it as least as good as the R1 -- and about $190 USD everyday.

ARG2_sm.jpg

dave

BrianGT said:
The Raven R1 is the deal of day at parts express for $189
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=276-300

It sounds like a fun project with the Jordan JX150 drivers. Has anyone combined these with the Raven tweeter? I like the JX92S that I have, but it doesn't go low enough. The JX150 seems to go low enough.

Parts Express says:
"Hurry, This Deal Expires 02/17/03 At 6:00 PM! "

--
Brian

AHEMM!!!
AHEMMM!!!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
JasonL said:
YES!!! common man Help im in need of speakers i have no speakers to hook up to my new aleph's

You keep flopping around between a line array and a more convential speaker... you need to decide.

Why don't you order up 4 TB W3-871s from Bob and see how you like them (i have a box design for these -- Rick Shultz also has a design -- that does the next step beyond the ELF)

Then if you like tehm you can tackle an array. Otherwise you can head towards a more convential system with fewer, more expensive & generally better drivers.

In either case you'll have a decent set of little sats for back-up use.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.