For those that like it loud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JBL hornz

Hey Cal,

yeah, I drove to Chicago a week ago and picked up 5
JBL 2360a horns and throats, and 5 JBL 2446j 16 ohm
compression drivers.

Guess how much ???

$227.50 for everything. The drivers need to be completely restored (repainted) and there are some stripped out screws
that I have to deal with, but all in all..........what an awesome
deal. Won it on Ebay.

Got two of the big Altec MR94B horns too...... but just sold my last pair of 288's. Want to listen to the BMS Pro co-axial compression drivers. From what I hear they're pretty nice.

Nice score Guy, I wish I had your luck.

Speaking of 288's, I too have something new in the corral. A pair of 1803 horns and rebuilt and remag'd 288's with the 8 ohm diaphragm.

Ummm...mine cost a little more than yours. :bawling:

Attachments

• img_1879.jpg
    img_1879.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 712
$$

Hey Cal,

Do you know where I can find a good deal on authentic JBL diaphragms for 2446j's ? Best price I've found so far is $142.00 each from the local JBL dealer.

How much you got into your 1803's ? They're super rare.......I've never even seen a pair. I found some JBL / Ampex
T550's in New Jersey, but don't really have the room for them.
Are you familiar with that speaker ? They are hard to find.

Cal Weldon said:
Hi Guy,

The horns, waveguides, drivers and a pair of N-500C xo's along with shipping, GST (tax), brokerage fees, more shipping for the drivers and repairs: I am now into them for close to $2000.

Sigh...

I'm not familiar with the JBL diaphragms. The 288's were $100.00 ea.

Not familiar with the T550's. Google didn't help me.

are these them ??

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/history/jbl-pro/beginnings.htm

Andy

the garage is getting full.........

Ya know what............ my garage has got 2 much stuff in it.
I had to take down my 130' 4 lane slotcar track just to get
these speakers set up like this. They used to sit underneath
4x8 tables that held the track up. Now that 1/2 the garage has
turned into a "jam" room.............it just seems like the more stuff
I throw away the fuller it gets. Got 5 JBL 2360's + 2 Mantaray MR94B's + 4 Peavey MB1's + 4 Altec 210 VOTT's + 4 JBL 4311 studio monitors .........all in one 20' by 40' garage.

My wife says that's excessive.

Is that excessive ??

It is isn't it.........

Anyone want some horns ?

The Mantaray MR94B's are 1.4" throat and come with no comp. drivers - just the horns. And they'r in pretty nice shape.

How much ? Oh, I don't know.........Cheap...... If you're interested in them, e-mail me at RacerXtreme@Hotmail.com or I'll just throw them up on Ebay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.