Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th September 2007, 08:43 AM   #1
Ricky is offline Ricky  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Focal TC90TDX Replacement

Hi guys.

Need some help. I have been working with the Focal tweeters for some time now and, without doubt, the overall performance is superior to most others. However, Focal, in their infinite wisdom, won't supply units anymore. Probably because other people get better results with their units than they do. Pathetic really, but there you go.

This tweeter, with a bandpass filter set at 2500Hz and 22500Hz, sounds amazing and the response is ruler flat. I need a tweeter of similar quality that has a lift of 3-5 dB from 12-20KHz.

Any ideas?? ( And don't say Audax, coz they're as bad as Focal).

Ricky.
Old 4th September 2007, 09:53 AM   #2
float is offline float  England
diyAudio Member

Hi Ricky,

I think you should still find some existing stock of these if you look hard enough, but you'll probably need to order from abroad. Zalytron and e-speakers should still have the TD5 version and ebay may well throw some up at times.

'Tis a shame about Focal and Audax.
Old 4th September 2007, 10:21 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi.
Have you tried using the TC 90 TD5B, I know that it's not quite as nice but they are available in the states (Zalytron or E'speakers)
from as little as 30 ($60) + taxes etc. I have used Zalytron for Focal drivers and the service was very good.
Regards.
Richard.
Old 4th September 2007, 03:31 PM   #4
Ricky is offline Ricky  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi.

Thanks for the info but the TD5 is no good to me. The reason it has to be the TDX is because the faceplate is removeable. So, I take the god-awful thing off and fit a nice 102mm diameter anodised round aluminium one. Focal have already told me to get knotted and I want to find in the region of 90-100 of these things.

Thanks for all your help but I really think I'll hae to design using SEAS or a Scanspeak.

Best Regards.

Ricky.

Hide this!Advertise here!