Can you identify this woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My father had these mission drivers in his basement, they are about 20years old. 8" woofer (NOS) he was the NY area mission rep in the 80's. They had no markings on them and we think they might have been replacement for the 770f's or 780's.

I built a 1 litre 3/4"MDF with 2" port- put in a Boston a 40 x-over, I think its a 6db 2nd order crossed over at 2500.

I know these things can take power. I had them hooked up to my high current 180 watt mono amps and man they cook. Great imaging up front vocals, Tight bass. Fill my room with sound (27x13) I added my sub and its a very impressive sound.

The problems, no low bass, too bright.

Hooked up to my el84 amp in a small room they sound like studio monitors

I think they are realy good componets and want to build a new cabinet (or veneer my cab)and crossover, but without knowing the woofer specs I'm lost and need help. I think the tweeter is a Vifa d25.

Thanks for any help or sugestions

Bob

Attachments

• diy mission mon.jpg
    diy mission mon.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 184
Found out what speaker they came from

After searching, they are the woofers for Mission 763's. The cabinets are 35 litre 32x10x11. With a 3K x-over point...

I'm going to built a cabinet to those dimentions. Any sudgestions what crossover I should build 2nd, or 3rd order? 6,12,18db.
I'll be using the Mission labled (vifa d25 i think) tweeter.

Thanks
bob

PS I looked at your site and downloaded your information - Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.