"Kit" for Wireless Surround?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I would like to set up a wireless system for DIY surround speakers, and I'm wondering if there is a kit of some kind, either DIY or commercial? I can't tell from the commercial sets I see on the web if they are something you can just "plug in" to an existing home theater receiver, which is what I was hoping to do.

Apparently the transmitter would need to be connected, either directly or with adaptors, to the surround speaker cable connectors on the HT receiver, and then transmit to the wireless receiver that will connect to an amp and then the surround speakers, if I have all this correct.

However, with high end surround speakers I'm sure I will need a better amp to run them than what comes with most commercial sets. I guess commercial sets have self-amped speakers or even battery powered ones, and I would like to use a "real" amplifier, as these will be used for HT as well as ambience for music listening.

Can anybody give me some guidance? Thanks!

Hi,

the problem with "wireless" speakers is generally they are not.
You still need to power them which negates most of the apparent
advantage, and wastes the output for the channels for AV amps.

but I'm no expert on distributed sound - there are other ways
to do this digitally - PC stuff / comms stuff - e.g. bluetooth.

:)/sreten.

Thanks as always for the reply Sreten; initially I was considering this because I didn't see a way to run wires from my receiver to the surrounds on the opposite side of the living room, but now I'm just going to stick with the tried-and-true hardwire mothod and run them over the balcony door frame.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.