Hungarian speaker identity?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found this.

Attachments

• bpsl01.jpg
    bpsl01.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 380
Opinions on Bifrons hox 05 purchase for $90

A set of these are available locally and I wonder if they are worth $90 if in good condition. Haven't seen them yet except a picture. I read the thread posted in 07, but would like further input if available.

I am new to this forum and am an audio idiot, so keep it simple.

:spin:

This one's bugging me badly...

At an auction house I saw a set of extremely heavily built bookshelf speakers. I lost the note of the brand and model which I had written down and I'm going crazy trying to remember the name.

Could anyone list some possible Hungarian speaker manufacturers? I distinctly recall the label listed manufacture in Budapest, Hungary.

I believe the model was HOX-05 but I'm not completely sure.

They were made of what appeared to be either hardwood or really nice ply, very heavy for their size, and built solidly. It was a fairly moderate color wood finish with off-white grille cloth.

Interestingly, they had grille cloth on both sides. One side (I think the front), felt as if there was a center divider bar behind the cloth; the rear had about a four inch circle cut out of a hard surface behind the cloth, offset from center toward the corner. They used thumb screw/spade terminals.

Thanks to anyone who recognizes this.
These are Bifrons from Hungary. they have rear speakers as well as fronts. I finished a pool table job for a fella and he said to "just take em" the sound that these puppies come up with is nothing short of magic!! Thanks , Houdeen

i also have acquired a pair of biffrons hox 05 speakers.
mine are the same model but slightly different finishes and one of the boxes had a driver missing.
i auditioned them anyway which truly peaked my curiosity they are quite an interesting.
i hope that anyone else who has any information on these can help me determine firstly the original box wiring as the two leads in the open driver spot are both red secondly after examining both speakers it seem that the wiring scheme creates three series parallel legs 8+8+8=24 24/3=8
but both boxes follow a particular scheme in wiring which seems determined by string(series) and position and thirdly after hearing that they where originally intended for PA use did any of them come with x-formers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.