parts express alternative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i am going to be doing a diy home theater system that can be found here

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/sc51/index.cfm

The only problem is that all of the drivers and some electrical parts are out of stock until november. Does anyone know of any other online site that sells drivers and parts like these. I would prefer the same drivers but if you can give me any similiar ones that would be fine also. Thanks.

Madisound would probably be the best choice since Solen is in Canada you may have unexpected customs fees ordering from them.

Hmm, that doesn't look like a very good design. It uses a pre-built crossover (shudder) with added components, and you can clearly see in the frequency responce graph that it's garbage. Also, the tweeter chosen looks neat, but is not very good. See here.

I just think you could do a lot better is all.

Hmm, that doesn't look like a very good design. It uses a pre-built crossover (shudder) with added components, and you can clearly see in the frequency responce graph that it's garbage. Also, the tweeter chosen looks neat, but is not very good. See here.

I just think you could do a lot better is all.

Thanks for telling me before i made something i didn't want. What would you recommend, i would rather have something with a design and crossover already planned out for me (since i'm a beginner) also not to expensive (the sc-5.1 was $350 thats in my price range).

tareqx2 said:

Thanks for telling me before i made something i didn't want. What would you recommend, i would rather have something with a design and crossover already planned out for me (since i'm a beginner) also not to expensive (the sc-5.1 was $350 thats in my price range).

You might want to take a look here for an alternative to the project you mentioned. The driver cutouts are a bit tricky but I'm sure you won't find better for the price.

http://www.zaphaudio.com/ZBM4.html

The link you posted would probably sound good, but I agree that starting with a prebuilt crossover is not the way to go. It's not going to be optimal. Also, I personally don't care for the tweeter being outside the box.

You can find many well thought out designs on the internet. Many talented guys have designed some really nice stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.