Double midrange & tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm planning to build a pair of loudspeakers. I've been offered a package comprising a 15" driver, 2 midrange & 2 tweeters per speaker.

Some of my friends told me that having two midrange & two tweeters might have a negative effect on the sound.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of having adouble midrange & double tweeter??

Thanx

Hello,

First off why would you build an speaker with two tweeters?
A tweeter has always got problems with the radiation of sound, using two tweeters the sound will at least get an very disperced radiation patern The best way to build your speaker is with one tweeter, two mids an a low.

Or you could build an D'appolite system (MT - HT - MT, with the tweeter in the middle) with a side bass crossed at max 250Hz. (Like the Visaton Vox's). Or even build a subwoofers and go for an D'appolite model like the Ariel.

Hope this helps, Greetz Henri

What you could try is a Dipole, except you'll be stuck with one woofer...

Still, I think two mids and one tweeter could make a nice speaker. To add an extra tweeter the speakers shouldn't be placed against the wall...

The eral question is maybe, what kind of speaker do you want? What will be it's function?

Greetz Henri

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.