Slot reflex calculator?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Freddy: thanks...

I just got a set of Tannoy HPD315/8 drivers. Onur suggested a good compromize for these as an SB4 allignment with a 60 litre internal volume and a single vent (cylindrical) of 10 cm x 22 cm. I asked Onur if a slot vent was a good idea and he sugested that it would be but did not give me enough info to figure it out. Will this program convert the given vent into a slot vent? Do I need to know the tunning frequency of the given vent? Thanks Moray James.

you need to get the regular vent's fb then enter "rectangular" - theres correction factors built into this routine

due to factors of positioning close to walls it may not be perfect but should get into the ballpark - a big R-J vented box came in lower than predicted

If you keep the area the same, it does not really matter what transversal shape the vent is, but if you start to think at the way the air flows through, it may come down to Fluid Mechanics. More importantly is how far the end of it is from the inner walls of the enclosure, that is if you decide to use one, or two walls as part of the vent. I don’t know whether there is a way to quantify the effect of this approach.

In WinISD, under “Vents” tab, click on the shape under the “Shape:”... under “Vent diameter:” you can enter the dimensions for the new vent.

VeGaATS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.